Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Sequential Movement (Charcoal Animation)

I don't have a lot of experience in drawing, so the charcoal animation was a very time-consuming project for me, but it was enjoyable and I'm pleased with the end result. I always knew hand-drawn animating was a long and varied process, and the technical aspects of digital animation seemed daunting and intimidating to me. The charcoal animation process that Palimpsest developed to me was a very engaging and creative way to compose an animation in a manual, old-fashioned way more efficient than drawing it all frame-by-frame. For me, the total time ended up being over several hours, and I ended up with a twenty-second low FPS animation. If I really wanted to have it been refined, it would have taken me twice or even three times as much time. So for me, when I view my short twenty-second animation, I really take a good look at it and focus, because I want the time of the viewing experience to justify the length of time I spent working on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment